Hear Her. Empower Her.
Join our International Women's Day campaign to hear and empower women across the world. Through our campaign, #HearHerEmpowerHer, we are asking you to listen to women across the world, hear their stories and take action. Only through listening will we be able to create the change we need for all women to live without fear of violence and poverty.
hear her. empower her.
In solidarity and action is core to The Circle – the collective power of women, working together to make a difference to marginalised women around the world. It is more urgent than ever as violence against women and girls continues to stalk the world.
- We live in a world where people have normalised violence against women. In every village, city, home, town and street, women are facing unimaginable levels of male violence.
- 1 in 3 women across the world will experience gender-based violence and it is thought that less than 40 per cent of women who experience violence seek help of any sort.
- Over 603 million women live in countries where domestic violence is not considered a crime.
- In the UK, one in five women have experienced some type of sexual assault
- Women everywhere are more likely to experience sexual and domestic violence and less likely to influence decisions that affect their lives.
take two simple actions:
- Read and listen to our stories and videos on social media @thecirclengo
- Make a life changing donation and support women in their hour of need – Donate HERE, or text EMPOWERHER followed by your donation amount to 70085. Texts will cost the donation amount plus one standard network rate message.
Your generosity will provide life-changing support to women and girls in the world’s most vulnerable countries. It will bring sanctuary to survivors of violence and empower vulnerable women and girls with access to counselling, skills, and support networks.
Other ways to show your support:
- Follow us on social media and share our posts
- Raise your voice and share your stories for others to hear you
- Book a ticket to our empowering International Women’s Day event.
- Host a fundraising event on International Women’s Day with your friends and raise money for The Circle
Could provide an hour of counselling for a survivor of violence.
Could support two volunteers offering emotional support to a woman fleeing violence.
Could provide ten days safe refuge for a survivor of violence
Could train one person to provide healthcare and legal support to 50 women fleeing violence
I have learnt that if a man
lifts his hands once to you, he will do it again, over and over, and you must leave and you must not put up with it.
Women in Leadership empowered me to report the abuse and I'm so thankful.